Notre Dame de Rouen. The façade of the Gothic Church in France. Photographer: Hippo1947. Licence: SHUTTERSTOCK.

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Anima Christi (Soul Of Christ). Thanksgiving After Holy Communion.


Text is taken from The Saint Andrew Daily Missal.




Anima Christi, sanctifica me.
Corpus Christi, salva me.
Sanguis Christi, inebria me.
Aqua lateris Christi, lava me.

Passio Christi, conforta me.
O bone Jesu, exaudi me.
Intra tua vulnera absconde me.
Ne permittas me separari a te.

Ab hoste maligno defende me.
In hora mortis meae voca me,
Et jube me venire ad te.
Ut cum Sanctis tuis laudem te.

In saecula saeculorum.
Amen.


Soul of Christ, Sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the Side of Christ, wash me.

Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesu, hear me.
Within Thy Wounds, hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.

From the malicious enemy, defend me.
In the hour of death, call me,
And bid me come unto Thee.
That with Thy Saints, I may praise Thee.

For ever and ever.
Amen.

An Indulgence of 300 days each time this Prayer is said.
An Indulgence of seven years, if said after Holy Communion.
If said every day during the month, a Plenary Indulgence,
subject to the usual conditions, on any day chosen.
(Blessed Pope Pius IX, 1854)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...